Whether you are working or doing business, working deadlines are very important in professional life.
people procrastinating not just only in their professional life but in personal life also.
So, now you might be questioning;
What is Procrastination ? .
Procrastination is nothing scientific but an emotion of a single individual person, a tendency to procrastinate at working or anything that needs to be done within the given period of time. In other words we can say that procrastination is a tendency of laziness about work or just being bad at completing the task or work given in the given deadline. Intentionally procrastinating at work might lead you into the mess like Demotion at workplace or if we think of the worse; it may even lead you to lose your job as well. A lengthy task, lack of willing to complete the given task, lack of motivation at workplace, lack of knowledge or conceptual understanding about that particular work or task, finding the given task not producing the expected results as well as lack of self- confidence, fear of not perfectionism, are some the major reasons of why people procrastinate at work or in personal life.
Not only the working individuals who work at corporate life but academic students, or more of we can say anybody, any human who works, Procrastinates the work at least once in life. Sometimes if activities a person likes available as distraction then there is a strong possibility that it will lead to procrastination, mainly if an academic student founds himself discomforting at a study of particular subject then he starts procrastinating his studies. Therefore it is more necessary as well as important to overcome the procrastination habit by replacing it with good habits which will lead you to better productivity and will give you better working results at work. Sometimes procrastination affects that particular person badly and even may lead him or her into depression of thoughts, more pressure of work, Anxiety and so on.
So if you want to stop procrastination & if you want to improvise your performance at workplace, then just follow these 7 simple working daily habits which will help you to overcome your procrastination habit.
1. Do Some Self – Introspection : Finding yourself procrastinating & admitting it humbly is a best possible way to beat the procrastination. Self introspection is a powerful tool with which you can find out where the actual problem lies, why you are procrastinating?, what are the reasons?, and win a half battle at start while overcoming procrastination. Even when you come to the conclusion of self- introspection, set your focus on the tasks that are not much important to do or the tasks which doesn\’t need immidiate action which will boost your inner intence to work a little.
2. Break It Down : Breaking down your lengthy piece of work into small pieces of work will be more useful for a working individual to prioritize the main work into the categories like
○ High Priority Tasks : Tasks that Need Immediate attention as well as immediate Actions to work on it.
○ Mid Priority Tasks : These are the tasks which may need immediate attention but doesn’t need immediate action.
3. Commitment: Committing yourself to your present task or a present work will make you more task oriented.
4. Say No To Distractions : Having Tempting distractions like social media, operating your
5. Reward Yourself : While Working on an important project or important subject set your goal or set a Milestone for achievement or desired output that you want to mark after completing your work with your total focus and full productive potential & when you reach to the desired output that is produced from completed work. Rewarding self can be anything like listening to your favourite music album, relaxing yourself for a while, watching your favourite movie, or if you\’ve worked in a group then throwing a celebrating party will be nice option; which will not only rewarding & pleasing for yourself but for your working team also.
6. Set A Daily Routine : Setting a daily routine for working or studying is extremely useful to beat
7. Be Confident at work : Lack of self- confidence is a primary reason for procrastination, So when you are working at your workplace just be confident about what you are doing or what task you are accomplishing, after completing particular task or project you\’ll automatically find yourself much more confident and clear about what exactly a thing or a target that is you want to achieve. Remember being confident is a choice based habit because of lack of confidence will only obscure your knowledge, your skill, your efficiency of working that you possessing about your work which might result in poor working performance at workplace or in academic results (if you are a student).
Benefits of Procrastination
Last Words On Procrastination
Human brain loves immediate outcomes which are concrete, that\’s why short- term goals are easier to achieve other than long-term goals. As well as, on the other hand short-term goals are important in order to achieve long- term goals. Patience, consistency are the master keys for overcoming procrastination as long as you are passionate about your goals & ambitions (In My Personal Opinion).
So now I’ve described some positive as well as negative impacts of procrastination and if you are a procrastinator then you must start following habits given above or do which you see fit for yourself. The Choice is Yours.
– © Rushikesh Panchwadkar
image source : Pixabay